Monday

Frugal Recipe: Potato Salad




This side dish probably has as many variations as chili, and as with my own chili recipe I don’t use measurements for the ingredients of my potato salad. In my family it’s usually called into action for picnics and summer holidays, but we have been known to whip up a batch any time of the year we get the desire.

Ingredients:

Red potatoes, diced and boiled until tender

Vidalia onion, chopped

Hard boiled eggs, sliced

Mayonnaise

Ranch dressing

Mustard

Parmesan cheese

To taste: ground thyme, dill weed, black pepper, paprika, caraway seed, parsley, celery seed.

Directions:

Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and chill until the big event. One note: I know some folks like to add bacon but I usually don’t, unless it is extra crispy. Nothing can ruin potato salad for me like the anticipation of a delicious bite only to find myself chewing on a big hunk of bacon fat. Yuck!

Related Reading:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Questions? Leave a comment!