Monday

The Symphony of Being


William Henry Channing offers this inspirational piece on what makes up his own personal spiritual symphony.

“To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, wealthy, not rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common - this is my symphony.

1 comment:

  1. I decided to get on here and read what your latest post was about. This post really relates to something I was going to call you about today. I took the time to just lay outside and listen to the wind and the traffic and the noise around me. I laid on the swing and swayed back and forth and just starred at the sky and I thought of how I am finally taking time to myself but not because I want to. haha. But, I thanked God for that very moment. I read this post and thought of my own little symphony I listened to today. The cars passing by, the bugs buzzing around me, my dogs tags swaying back and forth as she walked and the noises the breeze was making by going through the trees and bushes. I really liked this post and could totally relate to it today!

    ReplyDelete

Agree? Disagree? Questions? Leave a comment!