Monday

Best Free Reference Sites, Part Four

I love research, and if in a conversation a question can’t get answered I automatically have to search for it. There is such an amazing amount of information out there, and so many ways to find it, I thought I would dig into my browser favorites and share some of the sites I like to use. The previous three parts of this series listed sites that were in my “research” folder. For this last part of the series I included sites that I had saved in other folders. Here is the final batch.

Artcyclopedia – Find art and artists by name, medium, art movement, title and several other search criteria.

Bankrate – A great site to learn about investing, saving, debt, credit cards, etc. They offer calculators as well as financial product comparisons.

Beliefnet – Includes inspiring quotes and stories, as well as sections for each major religion. While there make sure to try the Belief-O-Matic to find out if you are on the right track. 

Best History Sites – This history portal links to over 1,200 history web sites.

Cyndi’s List – THE site to bookmark and start with if you are interested in family history.

Epicurious – It was really hard to pick just one food and recipe site but this one is pretty well rounded and encourages members to interact and share.

IMDB – As with cooking and recipe sites there are plenty of good movie sites but The Internet Movie Database is the big dog on the block.

Mother Earth News – I have been a subscriber to their newsletter for years and I think I learn something new in every issue. There is much more to this site than gardening and homesteading.

Software Archives – They offer a huge archive of computer, handheld and entertainment software, all for free.

WebMD – I don’t think there is any health issue not covered on this site. From A1AT Deficiency to ZES, it’s in there.

Related Reading:

Best Free Reference Sites, Part Three 

Best Free Reference Sites, Part Two 

Best Free Reference Sites, Part One 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Questions? Leave a comment!