Friday

Find A Job - Part Three

This is the third and final (for now) part of this series. If you missed the first two make sure you check out Part One and Part Two.

The last figures I read indicated unemployment at over 8%. While many people would find it hard to replace their current pay grade and benefits at a new job, when you are forced out sometimes you have to take what is available just to continue paying the bills.

As with all of the previous sites listed here I have searched each of the following for my location here in Iowa, and there were jobs listed on 3 out of the 5.

SnagAJob – They claim they are “the #1 source for hourly and part-time jobs, we connect job seekers with more than 100,000 active job listings from top employers across the country.” You can register with them and receive job email alerts. When I searched for my area the results came back with 168 openings, within a 20 mile radius, for mostly restaurant and retail jobs.

USA Jobs – The official job site of the United States Federal Government. Create an account, look for a job, get informed. My local search returned 29 positions, none of which I was qualified for.

US Census – They say recruiting has mostly ended, but it might still be worth a try for your area. Searching for my area led to a frustrating 10 minutes and no job listings.

Vault – A little higher end site, but maybe still worth a search. They say they are “the indispensable provider of information and solutions for professionals and students who are pursuing and managing high-potential careers.” A search for my area produced nothing.

Yahoo Hot Jobs – This one is a little more like it. The best out of this batch for variety and number of jobs listed, at least for my area. 299 jobs listed, from retail to engineering to management.

Have you been looking for a job? Tried any of these sites? How did it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Questions? Leave a comment!