Saturday

Weekly Roundup


The Buck List participated in one carnival this past week, the 85th Running of the Money Hacks Carnival (Saturn’s New Ring Edition). Check it out for a large variety of personal finance and investing articles, among many other topics. Thanks to the host for including my post.

I was asked to contribute a guest post to the MSN Money Smart Money blog. You can read my post here. My thanks to Karen Datko for the invitation.

Post of the Week: Between the blogs that I subscribe to and the posts I come across while out and about on the internet daily, I end up reading a lot of personal finance posts during the course of a week. I decided to add this little section to the Weekly Roundup to highlight a post that I found to be exceptional. For my inaugural pick, check out 10 Attributes Of The Perpetually Broke.

While trying to figure out a printer problem a while back I came across Fix Your Own Printer. This comprehensive site deserves to be bookmarked and used if you ever run into printer problems.

We bought a new laptop a few months ago and I got so annoyed with the trial copy of Microsoft Office that came preloaded I decided to finally try OpenOffice. While there are a few differences that take some getting use to, overall I have been pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to use. If you have not used it yet I would recommend giving it a try.

Check out My Grocery Deals, where you can search their list of retailers’ flyers and circulars for deals and print off the coupons.

Got an excess of golf balls lying around? Head over to We Buy Used Golf Balls and see what you can get for them.

Free Night of Theater this year falls on October 15. Check out their search option to find a show near you.

Weekly Reminder – A reminder of a useful article you might have missed. You might find this post about online coupon sites useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Questions? Leave a comment!