Monday

Take Care of the Pence

“Take care of the pence, for the pounds will take care of themselves.”

Lord Chesterfield

I think what Lord Chesterfield meant was to take care of the details to master the larger picture. Think of a painter focusing on the trees, grass and sky until the whole of a beautiful landscape painting takes form.

Relating the quote to personal finance issues would mean to take care of the smaller pieces first, such as spending less than you earn, saving money, and staying out of debt. That adds up to a healthy financial picture.

1 comment:

  1. I like this post because I am trying to do this myself. Save money, get out of my small debt and have money for future uses when it is needed instead of charging those expenses. Good Post!

    ReplyDelete

Agree? Disagree? Questions? Leave a comment!