Friday

Selling Your Books

If you love to read, and can’t pass up a well priced book wherever they are, you will eventually end up with a sizeable collection. Several times I have had to make “the purge” and weed out my collection, usually when I can’t cram anymore books into any of my bookcases. Thus the process begins, and I find once I start I can usually force myself to get rid of a fair amount. There are certain favorites that I will own for life, such as reference books and hardback classics, but most of the rest are subject to the ebb and flow.

I scoured my favorites on my browser to put together this list of places to sell your books online. Some offline ideas include selling to a local book dealer or holding a yard or garage sale. If you just want to donate, your options include thrift stores, your local public library, nursing homes, hospitals or posting on Freecycle. You could also donate to support our troops and ship your books directly to them using Operation Paperback. If you decide to go the selling route, here is my list.

AbeBooks

Amazon

BigWords

BlueRectangle

BookByte

BookEmporium

BookScouter

Cash4Books

Cheapcycle

CKY Books

Craigslist

eBay

Ecampus

Half

Textbooks

Valorebooks

WeBuyYourBooks

Another option is to swap your books for others you want. Sites to do that include BookMooch, BookSwap and SwapTree.

Okay, what are you waiting for? Get rid of those old books and free up some shelf space!

3 comments:

  1. Nice list, I have used a few of the swap websites you mentioned. Another good one is Swap Books. Their website is pretty easy to use and I had 2 really quick and painless experiences with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a really useful post, although I have to say that I preferred your other post on sites where I could sell my books more. It had a lot of detail and useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good list of where to sell your stuff such as used books and the new ones. Thanks for the information. Another good idea!

    textbook buyback

    ReplyDelete

Agree? Disagree? Questions? Leave a comment!